Nowadays, bathrooms have the biggest influence on the look of your home and you would do well to give it a better look by adding storage space to it. The most common form of this is utilizing the available free space in the bathroom to set up shelves and cabinets. This can be done either on the walls or beneath them.
Shelf designs are generally simpler than cabinets and they can be made of metal, glass, stone, granite, stone, marble or wood. But wooden ones are the best. Wooden shelves can also be covered with slate to give it a classic look. Shelf designs can also be a combination of various materials.
- For All of Your Odds and Ends
- A Touch of Green in Your White Bathroom
- Marvelous Magnetic Magic
- Unique Storage Ideas for a Small Bathroom
- Never Again Run Out of Toilet Paper
- Re Purpose That Old Bookshelf
- For All the Little Knick Knacks
- Contrasting Colors for Your Convenience
- Goodbye Tangled Cords
- Making Use of All Surface Areas
- Framed Like a Family Photo
- Stuff Your Worries in a Corner
- The Hierarchy of Bathroom Needs
- A Tisket a Tasket a Green and Yellow Basket
- Minimalist Is the New Black
- Rustic Wood for a Country Home
- Ladder Not Included
- The Future Is Here and It's Shiny
- Curly Sue Has Nothing on You
- Gotta Keep Em Separated
- Hot Rods Bathroom Style
- An Example of Vertical Space
- Bag It Up
- The Classics Never Go Out of Style
- When He Asks How Many Makeup Brushes Do You Need
- Bringing the Pipes to the Outside
- Build It Right into the Wall
- Wicker Dreams to Keep You Clean
- For That Dorm Room Look
- Who Wants a Pedicure
- Bottoms Up and Bottles Out
- Sleek and Clean and Pristine
- To Make Everyone Stop Leaving Wet Towels on the Floor
- Cheap and Easy DIY Shelves
- A Different Kind of Basket Organization
- Signed Sealed and Tied with a Bow
- Just Hanging Out
- Now You See Me Now You Don T
- Everything That You Need at Arm's Length
Another form of storage space is open shelving. This is used to hold items that you may not want to place in your cabinet. It can be a mirror, toiletries, bath salts, shampoos, lotions, soaps, detergents, beauty products, cleaning solutions, etc. Some of these are easily washed and reused but others are not. These are the ones that you can store in open shelves.
Other options for storage space are used storage shelves, hanging and wall-mounted cabinets and wire shelving. These are comparatively more expensive than the shelves and cabinets but they will be useful as they can be separated to allow easy cleaning.
You should also consider how you intend to use the space in your new bathroom. For example, if you intend to keep a lot of personal items such as your jewelry and other valuables then you will have to find ways to separate them. There are different storage ideas for this purpose.
Wall cabinets can be found at local furniture stores and they can also be custom made to match the look of your bathroom. In addition, you can also buy cabinets in different shapes and sizes from different manufacturers.
If you have small corner spaces then you can use wire shelves. These are good because they can be placed anywhere in your bathroom and are the cheapest option, but they need to be carefully removed every time you wish to wash.
You should shop around and compare prices for these different types of shelves. You may also want to consider the style and design of your bathroom and how you want the storage space to look. Some of the common styles include antique, colonial, Tuscan, Italian, French, Mexican, formal, traditional, modern, contemporary, wood, marble, granite, metal, glass, stone, design, panel, valance, etc.